Cost, as of end 2012, of the financial bail out in the U.S. alone:
* $29 billion for Bear Stearns
* $143.8 billion for AIG (this far)
* $100 billion for Fannie Mae
* $100 billion for Freddie Mac
* $700 billion for Wall Street, including Bank of America (Merrill Lynch),
Citigroup, JP Morgan (WaMu), Wells Fargo (Wachovia), Morgan Stanley, Goldman
Sachs, and a lot more
* $25 billion for The Big Three in Detroit
* $8 billion for IndyMac
* $150 billion stimulus package (from January ’09)
* $50 billion for money market funds
* $138 billion for Lehman Bros. (post bankruptcy) through JP Morgan
* $620 billion for general currency swaps from the Fed
ROUGH TOTAL: $2,063,800,000,000
Yes, over $2 trillion dollars. As of the end of 2012.
That’s about $6,800 for every man, woman, and child in the U.S.A..
But there isn’t enough money available to balance the budget?