Get Your Writing Noticed: #1 A Series Introduction
This is the first in a series of posts about getting our writing noticed. All seven posts are now available on this site.
I propose to cover the following items in turn:
1. Writing fiction for the 21st century. Making our writing accurate, fantastic, sensuous and gripping. The evolution of fiction.
2. Writing non-fiction for the 21st century. Grabbing the reader up front, digital first, key words & participant voices.
3. Theme – the make or break element.
4. Pace – keeping our writing moving.
5. Emotion – making the reader feel something.
6. Meaningful social media – building a real following on social media.
7. Advanced social media for writers – what works and what doesn’t.
This series of posts is a free of charge service. If you have thoughts or comments on any post, or questions, please submit them at any time.
The first post is now up and available here.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Recent Blog Posts
- 96,609 hits
Click on the image for photos from The Istanbul Puzzle & The Jerusalem Puzzle
What is The Istanbul Puzzle?
The Istanbul Puzzle is a thriller/mystery novel, first published January 19, 2012. It's the first in a series of novels featuring Sean Ryan and Isabel Sharp, being published by Harper Collins and a series of other publishers around the world. The Istanbul Puzzle starts when Sean discovers a friend and colleague has been beheaded in Istanbul.
- Really Useful Links for Writers: Twitter Special via Writing.ie bit.ly/17NMyVe 15 minutes ago
- The Perfect Murder: Spine-chilling short stories for long summer nights eBook - Amazing value - Preorder: amzn.to/10FKLcu 33 minutes ago
- Antibiotic misuse campaign: Please wash your hands! bit.ly/wGCCB2 Common infections could kill widely again! 47 minutes ago
- Sell more with social media. 100% revised for 2013: viewBook.at/B009L5BCIY 1 hour ago
- Ms Submission Opportunities at Mslexia Magazine via Writing.ie bit.ly/12La6on 1 hour ago
Top Posts & Pages
- The Istanbul Puzzle-The Jerusalem Puzzle-The Manhattan Puzzle
- Emerging Writers Guest Post #35 - Evan Sutter - reflections on life's difficulties
- The Secrets of Manhattan #1 Manhattanhenge
- A new month long chance to win signed copies of The Jerusalem Puzzle & The Istanbul Puzzle
- Emerging Writers Guest Post #33 - Frank Daly - Writing Titles
- Get Your Writing Noticed: Writing fiction for the 21st century
- The Themes of The Manhattan Puzzle
- The 4th Puzzle: St. Paul's Cathedral
- Get Your Writing Noticed: #1 A Series Introduction
- The 1st Puzzle updated: What's hidden beneath Hagia Sophia?