Get Your Writing Noticed: #1 A Series Introduction
This is the first in a series of posts about getting our writing noticed. All seven posts are now available on this site.
I propose to cover the following items in turn:
1. Writing fiction for the 21st century. Making our writing accurate, fantastic, sensuous and gripping. The evolution of fiction.
2. Writing non-fiction for the 21st century. Grabbing the reader up front, digital first, key words & participant voices.
3. Theme – the make or break element.
4. Pace – keeping our writing moving.
5. Emotion – making the reader feel something.
6. Meaningful social media – building a real following on social media.
7. Advanced social media for writers – what works and what doesn’t.
This series of posts is a free of charge service. If you have thoughts or comments on any post, or questions, please submit them at any time.
The first post is now up and available here.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Recent Blog Posts
- 96,711 hits
Click on the image for photos from The Istanbul Puzzle & The Jerusalem Puzzle
What is The Istanbul Puzzle?
The Istanbul Puzzle is a thriller/mystery novel, first published January 19, 2012. It's the first in a series of novels featuring Sean Ryan and Isabel Sharp, being published by Harper Collins and a series of other publishers around the world. The Istanbul Puzzle starts when Sean discovers a friend and colleague has been beheaded in Istanbul.
- Inside Hagia Sophia, the most important building in the world 2011 Flickr - HD image bit.ly/Ac8JLo 34 minutes ago
- Which cover for The Istanbul Puzzle do your prefer? fb.me/Qf1vYRhe 47 minutes ago
- Supercharging social media with storytelling techniques: #4 Characterization bit.ly/16HgEJZ 49 minutes ago
- Is self help magic? - A Byzantine self help manual« Laurence O'Bryan – crime & mystery writer bit.ly/A4yxoG 1 hour ago
- Socialmedia4writers - a Flipboard magazine (Android & Apple only): flip.it/J77FU 1 hour ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Emerging Writers Guest Post #35 - Evan Sutter - reflections on life's difficulties
- The Istanbul Puzzle-The Jerusalem Puzzle-The Manhattan Puzzle
- The Secrets of Manhattan #1 Manhattanhenge
- Get Your Writing Noticed: Writing fiction for the 21st century
- A new month long chance to win signed copies of The Jerusalem Puzzle & The Istanbul Puzzle
- What if common infections could kill in great numbers again?
- Emerging Writers Guest Post #33 - Frank Daly - Writing Titles
- The 1st Puzzle updated: What's hidden beneath Hagia Sophia?
- The 4th Puzzle: St. Paul's Cathedral
- The Themes of The Manhattan Puzzle